Body — the most expensive part of the car. Its status depends largely on the cost of the machine on the secondary market. If there are no technical problems with the car, but would not know the defects of the body there is always.
One of the means for maintaining the body in good condition, is wax. Contrary to popular belief, is used for the car not only to give Shine to the body, but also to improve its protective properties. In this article we will consider what types of wax that can be used for the vehicle body, and why he did it.
What types of car wax are
Automotive stores you can see hundreds of bottles, tubes and jars with different wax compositions. Each manufacturer claims that its composition better than the competition or trying to win the competition in other ways, for example, lower cost. All of these varieties of wax products for vehicles can be divided into two major groups:
- Preparations based on natural wax. In such structures with the use of natural wax, the characteristics of which are improved by the addition of various additives (synthetic ingredients).
- Preparations based on synthetic waxes. In such formulations the natural wax is completely absent, but similar solutions can be used in some cases.
Car wax can be divided into several groups, depending on which texture and how filling it is presented:
- A liquid wax. This composition polymerizes when placed on the body. Freezing at this, the liquid wax forms a durable film. Since the liquid wax is used, mass, that fills all the cracks and penetrates the defects in the body to form a dense film;
- Wax spray. This composition is close to the liquid wax, but it is sold in cans or bottles with the spray. That wax can be applied by spraying through the small holes of the spray, making it less viscous as liquid wax. Therein lies his advantage, such a composition is easy and quick to apply, but there is a downside — the resulting wax film on the car body less dense;
- The solid wax. This type of car wax in appearance and texture close to the real wax. This hard wax allows you to apply maximum sustainable film. When rubbing hard wax is "results" all the cracks and crevices. Due to the fact that when the rubbing you have to physically affect the composition penetrates deeper into the defects in the body as a liquid wax.
Please note: the most common solid wax is synthetic.
It should be noted that experts recommend in the warmer time of year (at a positive temperature environment) to use the right car wax for the preservation of the body, and in the winter uses a synthetic compound.
Why do I need to cover the body with wax
This has already been mentioned, that car wax is the chemical composition based on wax or a synthetic analog. Each manufacturer has its own formula for the composition, which includes waxes, silicones, polymeric resins and other elements that affect positively on the body.
Depending on the composition, a list of useful properties of a car wax is changing. You can highlight few main advantages of the use of wax on the body:
- Protection from moisture. Wax on the body to form a thin film, which prevents the penetration of moisture into the color. Each vehicle that passed more than ten miles, covered with microcracks. If they are wet, this has a negative impact on the metal on the inside of the damage, including the paint coating. Wax on the body allows, to minimize the possibility of corrosion due to contact with moisture and contaminants into the structure of colour and a metal;
- Protection from the sun. Direct sunlight affects the color of the car, destroying the color pigments. Simply put, the car paint color due to exposure to direct sunlight, it becomes less intense. Waxing on the body, it prevents the problem;
- Protection from minor damage. When driving down the road with a car picks up around the dust, in which there is a large number of small particles. When they contact the paint surface of the car, especially at high speed, the high probability of defects — scratches, small cracks. Wax eliminates the danger;
- Protects nail from damage. Inflicted on the car body paint, which consists of a liquid component, which during operation of the machine is gradually evaporated. It depends on the elasticity of the paint. When the liquid component becomes very small, the paint becomes brittle and sensitive to minimal damage. Because of this, later, there are cracks in the paint of the body. The wax prevents the dry coating;
- To improve the appearance. The car body, the wax looks more organized. Area of the body is smoothed, because the wax gets into the small scratches, and most paint it to look more radiant and beautiful.
Waxing the car body is a good prevent the formation of serious defects in the color and reducing the likelihood of corrosion.